Things to do in Winnipeg
Welcome to your new home, Winnipeg!
With over 130 days of festivals in Winnipeg, the city has a lot of amazing things to offer. Winnipeg is home to many great attractions, sports teams, fine art venues, shopping centres, restaurants, and an abundance of outdoor activities!
There are many fun and exciting things to do in the city. Some local attractions include:
- The Forks: a vibrant meeting place for dining experiences, shopping, entertainment and events, as well as many other unique attractions all year round.
- The Canadian Museum of Human Rights: CMHR is the first museum solely dedicated to the evolution, celebration and future of human rights.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo: The zoo has recently undergone an extensive renovation, with over 150 species and more than 1,500 animal friends to visit, the Zoo is a must-see in every season. Be sure to check out the new Journey to Churchill exhibit that houses seals and polar bears.
- Assiniboine Park: This beautiful park has so much to offer in regards to green space and ever changing events at the Lyric Theatre. Take a walk through the multiple gardens, grab a bite to eat at the Park Cafe or catch some live entertainment, there is always some sort of activity happening here.
- The Exchange District: Wander around this 30-block radius and explore North America’s most extensive turnof-the-20th-century buildings, the architecture is absolutely marvellous. You’ll also find some of the trendiest shops and food spots in Winnipeg in the Exchange.
Professional sports play a huge part of the Winnipeg community:
- Hockey: Winnipeg is home to the NHL's Winnipeg Jets
- Football: Winnipeg is home to the CFL's Blue Bombers
- Baseball: Winnipeg is home to the AA’s Winnipeg Goldeyes
Winnipeg and beyond
Take a break from your books and classes from time to time and enjoy all that Manitoba has to offer. Whether you choose to cross-country ski in Birds Hill Park, swim in Lake Winnipeg, ice skate on the Red River, or attend one of the many festivals across the province, there's truly something for all budgets and interests. Check out all of the amazing things to do in Manitoba here.
Get connected with Winnipeg events
So you are excited to begin exploring the city or you want to check out which bands are coming to town but don't know where to look.
Try these links below:
- Tourism Winnipeg is the city’s official destination marketing organization. They provide up-to-date information on all of the upcoming events and festivities around Winnipeg.
- Ticketmaster is where you will find tickets for any professional sporting event and major concert to come to Winnipeg.
- Winnipeg Movies lists movie times at a series of theatres across Winnipeg.