Your pathway to the University of Manitoba
Why choose UM’s Asper School of Business?
- UM’s Asper School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, of which less than five percent of the world’s business schools have earned this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education.
- 99% of Asper BComm (Hons) co-op student graduates are employed full-time after graduating (Asper School of Business Employment Report, 2021).
- You can gain paid work experience with industry leaders as part of the co-op program within this faculty. The average hourly wage for co-op students in this program is C$19.29/hour (Asper School of Business Co-op Program Wage Information, 2021).
- For more details, visit umanitoba.ca/asper.
Second year of your University of Manitoba degree
Once you successfully complete ICM’s UTP Stage II: Business program, you are ready to apply into your second year at UM in one of the following majors:
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Actuarial Mathematics^
- Business Analytics^
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business^
- Human Resource Management/ Industrial Relations^
- Indigenous Business Studies^
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management^
- Strategy & Global Management^
^Cooperative education option available
To be eligible to progress to second year at UM, you must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at ICM and have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.00 upon completion of UTP Stage II. In addition, the Asper School of Business has competitive entry requirements to enter second year. Please see the Asper School of Business admissions bulletin and the UM Course Calendar regarding admission requirements for this specific program. Students who meet the UTP Stage II completion requirements but who do not meet the Asper School of Business’ admissions requirements and competitive GPA will be eligible to apply to either the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Science, subject to UM’s admissions regulations.
To enter the Asper School of Business, you must complete university admission requirements by April of any given year to be considered for admission in September of that year. If you miss the April deadline, you may enrol in more courses at ICM or transfer to the University of Manitoba in order to earn additional credit hours in preparation for the next April deadline. Depending on the courses completed, you will be eligible to transfer up to 60 credit hours to selected degree programs. Details will be provided on an individual basis each term, and you will be advised on selecting courses to maximize your credit transfer entitlements. Admission to second year Asper School of Business is competitive and the minimum GPA for entry will vary by year. Admissions is also subject to quotas. For full details, please visit UM’s website.
A degree in business can be applied to almost any career, including within the financial sector, industry and trade, international commerce, the not-for-profit sector, government, health care and technology. This degree options provides an all-round knowledge base for management careers and operating your own business. Start exploring your future career path at the Asper School of Business’s Career Development Centre.