International College of Manitoba
The International College of Manitoba (ICM) offers international students transformative learning experiences at Western Canada’s oldest university, the University of Manitoba (UM).
Through ICM, you have access to high-quality learning experiences and sharing global perspectives in a university community. Whether participating in a foundation program or on a pathway to an undergraduate degree at the University of Manitoba, you can attend one of Canada’s best universities.
The ICM program prepares students for higher education at UM — a world renowned university that transforms lives through education.
UTP Stage I
ICM’s University Transfer Program Stage I (UTP Stage I) is an eight-month program that bridges secondary school and undergraduate studies. It consists of eight courses designed to prepare you for entry to university-level programs. Successful completion of UTP Stage I with the necessary grades assures you entry to UTP Stage II, which is the equivalent to the first year of a University of Manitoba degree.
UTP Stage II
Once you have successfully completed high school, or UTP Stage I, you can kick off your university studies by completing the first year of a UM degree program when you enter ICM’s University Transfer Program Stage II (UTP Stage II).
For UTP Stage II, you have your choice of seven programs, all requiring 12 months of study made up of three, 13-week terms plus an exam period. There are three intake opportunities each year, with terms beginning in January, May and September.
Once you have successfully completed UTP Stage II in your chosen program and you have satisfied university admission requirements*, including achieving the specified minimum GPA, you’ll be eligible to transfer to the second year of your degree at UM. Admission to some degree programs are determined on a competitive basis and subject to quotas.
* To progress to the second year at the University of Manitoba, you must successfully complete 30 credit hours of advanced standing, meet the required GPA and satisfy the relevant entry requirements as identified for each program.
Why study here
At ICM, your journey includes much more than a soft-landing to Canada and high-quality education. Students, like you, study at ICM to:
- Participate in small class sizes, which means you have regular access to your instructors.
- Utilize the support from ICM faculty, staff and peers to help acclimatize to living and studying in Canada.
- Study on-campus with international students from over 80 different countries.
- Earn an internationally recognized degree from one of Canada’s best universities.
- Live and study in one of Canada’s most affordable cities.
- Experience the rich and diverse culture Winnipeg has to offer.