UTP Stage II: Business
UTP Stage II: Business is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate business degree from the Asper School of Business. Internationally-accredited and over 80 years old, the Asper School of Business provides graduates with the practical experience, leadership skills and networking opportunities needed to succeed, innovate, and contribute to society.
To enter the Asper School of Business, you must complete university admission requirements by April of any given year to be considered for admission in September of that year. If you miss the April deadline, you may enrol in more courses at ICM or transfer to the University of Manitoba in order to earn additional credit hours in preparation for the next April deadline. Depending on the courses completed, you will be eligible to transfer up to 60 credit hours to selected degree programs. Details will be provided on an individual basis each term, and you will be advised on selecting courses to maximize your credit transfer entitlements. Admission to second year Asper School of Business is competitive and the minimum GPA for entry will vary by year. Admissions is also subject to quotas. For full details, please visit https://umanitoba.ca/admissions/undergraduate/requirements#advanced-entry-applicants.
Your direct pathway to the University of Manitoba
January, May, September
UTP Stage II: Business
Courses offered at ICM
- For program planning resources, please visit icmanitoba.ca/pre-arrival-and-registration-resources.
Second year of your University of Manitoba degree
Bachelor of Commerce
The Asper School of Business Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree offers 12 majors to choose from:
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business
- Human Resource Management/ Industrial Relations
- Indigenous Business Studies
- International Business
- Leaderships and Organizations
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Management Information Systems
Why choose the Asper School of Business?
- Accredited by AACSB International, less than five percent of the world's business schools have earned this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education.
- 97% of Asper BComm (Hons) co-op student graduates are employed full-time after graduating (Asper School of Business Employment Report, 2020).
- Gain paid work experience with industry leaders as part of the co-operative education (co-op) program. The average hourly wage for co-op students in this program is C$19.23/hour (Asper School of Business Co-op Program Wage Information, 2020).
- For more details, visit umanitoba.ca/asper.
Employment and career options
A Business degree can be applied to almost any career, including the financial sector, industry and trade, international commerce, the not-for- profit sector, government, health care and technology. A Business degree provides an all round knowledge base for management careers or starting your own business. Visit the Asper School of Business Career Development Centre’s website to start exploring future career paths: umanitoba.ca/asper/cdc