UTP Stage II: Science
UTP Stage II: Science is equivalent to the first year of the University of Manitoba's Bachelor of Science degree program. The Faculty of Science offers the widest variety of science programs in the province, along with opportunities to experience research alongside world-renowned scientists and the largest co-op work placement program in the province.
To progress to second year of the Bachelor of Science degree program, you must complete UTP Stage II with a GPA of 2.0, as well as satisfying relevant entry requirements, with a minimum 30 credit hours of advanced standing. For full details, please see umanitoba.ca/student/admissions/application/programs/program-admission-requirements.html
Your direct pathway to the University of Manitoba
January, May, September
UTP Stage II: Science
Courses offered at ICM
- For program planning resources, please visit icmanitoba.ca/pre-arrival-and-registration-resources
Second year of your University of Manitoba degree
Bachelor of Science
Areas of study:
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology, Ecology and Environmental Biology, Environmental and Integrative Physiology, Evolution and Biodiversity, Integrative Biology
- Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biopharmaceutical Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry, Chemistry/ Physics Joint Honours, Environmental Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Science, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Quantum/ Computational Chemistry
- Artificial Intelligence, Computer Systems, Databases, Human-Computer Interaction and Computer Graphics, Networks and Security, Software Engineering, Theoretical Computer Science, Web-Based Systems, Computer Science-Mathematics Joint Program, Computer Science-Physics and Astronomy Joint Program, Computer Science-Statistics Joint Program
- Applied Mathematics (Computer Science Option, Economics Option, Statistics Option), Mathematics-Economics Joint Program, Mathematics-Physics and Astronomy Joint Program
Physics and Astronomy
- Astronomy, Physics, Medical and Biological
- Statistics-Actuarial Mathematics Joint Program, Statistics-Economics Joint Program, Statistics-Mathematics Joint Program
Why choose the Faculty of Science?
- A co-operative education (co-op) program is available to students in many degree programs.
The Faculty of Science offers over 50 distinct programs.
Many students are involved with undergraduate research programs, working side by side with researchers, using advanced scientific equipment in state-of-the-art labs.
The Faculty of Science is home to over 170 teaching scientists.
For more information, visit the Faculty of Science’s website at umanitoba.ca/science.
Employment and career options
Career paths for science students are diverse. They include technical opportunities such as working in laboratories or doing research, or in the fields of administration, education, conservation and business. Visit the University of Manitoba’s Career Services website to view the Career Compass for your desired major: umanitoba.ca/student/careerservices/careerplan/careercompass/